Friday, May 4, 2012

21 Jump Street

WORTH IT: I am just going to come out and say it--Yes, this movie is hilarious. The trailer teases a highly anticipated laugh-fest, but I know I am not alone when I say that always tends to make me a bit weary of a cheesy, raunchy, overall let-down. So let me just save you that neuro-effort and say that it really is actually funny.


The story is simple--two bottom-of-the-rung cops get sent back to high school, undercover, to bring down a synthetic drug ring. An insult to the original? With a wink, I'll say no way...and hope that's enough to make you watch it.

With flying colors, I give my stamp of approval to an endearing combination of Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. Not only do they make a believable duo (and Tatum is just not that hard to look at), but the chemistry that exists between their lines snatches laughs at every level with almost every line. I think I actually slapped my knee a few times. It's probably a lot to do with the fact that Hill is an Oscar-nominated Actor now, so you know he wouldn't just take any script. And not to mention there are so many fun people packed into this flick that you really shouldn't miss out on the fun.

No comments: