Thursday, May 17, 2007

Stomp the Yard

QUESTIONABLE: Its hard to think of exactly what I want to say about this movie. I want to describe the energy well enough to keep your opinion aimiable, but in reality, I don't think you're missing too much by skipping this one. The dancing, stepping, and music was phenomenal. Rap, R&B, and rock collide to pump up the teams, the crowds, and the viewer. But, the acting, the back-up storyline, and the execution fell slack. Actually, it fell OFF the yard. Good ideas left out to dry, powerful monologues slammed into a brick wall before blooming, and the potential for incredible digital videography was lost. I think it goes without saying that this is stereotypcial for most dancer movies, but I was thoroughly disappointed this time. I love Chris Brown, but his big-name pull only pulled until he got shot. From then on, it was a laugh, accompanied by great moves and music.

No comments: